Preventative healthcare is an important part of ensuring our feline friends stay fit and healthy into old age.
Preventative healthcare is an important part of ensuring our feline friends stay fit and healthy into old age. Cats like people can suffer a range of age related diseases as they get older including arthritis, kidney disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, over active thyroid, heart disease and dental disease (to name a few!) and often (being naturally stoical creatures) they do not tend to show any signs of these diseases in the early stages.
By checking for the signs of these diseases and detecting them early, we can help to protect cats from long term damage and also greatly improve their quality of life by making suitable and often simple changes.
The Senior Health Check appointment has been designed to identify the signs of age related diseases before they cause your cat to become poorly.
The 30 minute consultation includes:
- A full physical examination by our Veterinary Surgeon, Amanda
- A blood pressure test (to check for high blood pressure)
- A blood test (to check for infections, glucose levels, liver, kidney and thyroid function and much more)
- A urine test (to check for glucose and signs of cystitis or infection and assess liver and kidney function)
- A chance to discuss any questions you may have relating to the lifestyle and diet of your cat and receive advice relating to these matters.
In May, the Senior Health Check appointment is priced at £79.58 which is a saving of 20% off our normal price of £99.48 when tests are booked individually.
To book your cats Senior Health Check, please contact us. You can also check out the questionnaire to get you thinking about some things we may discuss during the appointment. Once booked, please download and fill in the questionnaire and bring it with you.
If you have any questions regarding Senior Health Checks, please do not hesitate to contact us at Cat’s Whiskers Veterinary Clinic.